Reinforcement of the Faculty of Chemistry, University of Belgrade, towards becoming a Center of Excellence in the region of WB for Molecular Biotechnology and Food research
The University of Belgrade, Faculty of Chemistry, (FCUB) is among the most important educational and scientific institutions in the field of chemistry in Serbia. Research interests lie in the isolation, structure elucidation, synthesis and structure-biological activity relationship studies of natural products, biomolecules, organic and inorganic compounds, environment protection and remediation, food biotechnology, development and application of new analytical methods, computational chemistry, bioinformatics and material science.
Coordinator: Dr Tanja Ćirković Veličković, associate professor
Objectives of the Project:
The main objective of the project is to build the research capacity of the FCUB in the area of food research and molecular biotechnology to a level of excellence similar to that observed in the EU and to make research at FCUB better coordinated, efficient, innovative and attractive to the best of scientists, and hence, establish better opportunity for integration into the ERA..
It will be achieved through significant improvement of infrastructure, human resources and strengthening collaborations and networking with outstanding EU institutions such as: Karolinska Institutet (Stockholm, Sweeden), VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland (Espoo, Finland), Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences – IRAS (Utrecht, Netherlands), Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique-INRA (Paris, France), Research Center Borstel, Germany, Insititute of Biotechnology, University of Aachen, Germany, University of Plovdiv, Bulgaria, National Hellenic Research Foundation, IBRB, Greece, using the following set of coherent measures:
• Building the research capacity by recruiting experienced researchers
• Reinforcing the research capacity by massive mobilization and training of the research staff
• Reinforcing research facilities to enable cutting-edge research as well as improving existing research facilities
• Establishing strategic partnerships and exchanging know-how and experience with EU research institutions active in the Food, Fisheries, Agriculture and Biotechnology thematic priority domain of the EU
• Improving visibility of the FCUB and facilitating knowledge transfer by dissemination and promotion of the results of the project at international, regional and national level
• Improving writing, presentational and managerial skills of the research staff.
Added Documents (Click to download)